LCV Transit/Delivery Driver Position: Watson Lake, Yukon
Hours & Shifts: Full time- Minimum 45hrs/week. Start time: early morning 3 day 14 hour shifts or as per operational requirements.
The candidate would reside in Watson Lake, Yukon area.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing exceptional service to build/maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600-800 cases/shift)
- Safely and professionally operate straight trucks or trailers to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes according to provincial road regulations.
- Conduct routine truck inspections (pre/post trip) and maintain accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Perform product delivery verification at customer location and maintain customer invoices
- Follow all GFS Canada policies and procedures including all health & safety regulations
- Must be able to maintain composure/professionalism in high-pressure situations
- Responsible for transporting doubles/triples to various hubs throughout Alberta and British Columbia, and the Yukon.
- Responsible for the safe operation of assigned vehicles and compliance with all health & safety regulations.
- Responsible for care of equipment, including tools, reflectors, flares, chains, etc
- To maintain delivery schedules in accordance with established standards
- To complete/submit all forms, reports, equipment inspections, receipts, etc. according to Gordon Food Service policies
- To report to customers and shipping any time delayed during your assigned trip
- Keep cab and box of unit clean at all times
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Class 1 or Class A license with a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Must have LCV (extended length certification)
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 60 lbs)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Must be physically fit and able to perform 13-14 hour highway routes.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills (able to read, write and speak English)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Due to highway and weather conditions it may be necessary to stay overnight.
- Must pass a Road Test, Physical Abilities Test and a Background Check
- Previous professional driving experience and a high school diploma is preferred
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather and temperature ranges (including being able to safely operate the equipment during poor road and driving conditions)
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times.
Starting Wage: $33.25/hour