Are you looking for a fast-paced, physically challenging new job opportunity in a dynamic company where performance and quality skills are rewarded?
Do you want to be part of a prosperous, stable, growing and value-driven company, that offers competitive, and flexible benefits? Gordon Food Service, a leader in foodservice distribution, could be the place for your career in warehousing/distribution. After one year, as a Warehouse employee you can earn a base salary of $17.60/hour, plus the opportunity to earn an additional monthly incentive. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do!
Warehouse Night Order Selector: Amherst, Nova Scotia
Shift: 4 Shifts per week (10 hrs or more per shift) - 4:00 pm until the workload is complete.
Summary: Individuals are responsible for quickly and accurately selecting and scanning food products from all warehouse zones (grocery, cooler and frozen). During selection, the product must be correctly built onto a pallet and prepared for shipping according to customer demands.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lifting, loading and stacking food service products (up to 60 lbs) onto pallets
- Safely and efficiently navigating the warehouse using a power pallet jack
- Accurately scanning and selecting product using a computerized inventory system
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations, and Food Safety programs
- Adhering to all Organizational policies, procedures, and Cornerstone Values
- Additional loading, shipping and/or stocking duties
- All other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be physically fit and able to safely and repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items
- Must be able to work quickly and maintain a high level of energy throughout the shift
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to work in multiple temperature zones including cooler (0oC to 4oC) and freezer (-20oC to -30oC) environments
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times in the warehouse
*Starting hourly rate is $13.80/hr. Opportunity to earn additional monthly incentive based on production, accuracy, safety and attendance.
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!