District Sales Representative
Reporting to the District Sales Manager, the District Sales Representative (DSR) is responsible for creating and maintaining positive long-term relationships with new and existing customers. The DSR is responsible for cold calling, networking and prospecting in their assigned territories along with developing and pursuing customer leads. The DSR also provides ongoing service to existing customers by, creating order guides, promoting products, facilitating the food show and liaising with other departments as required to ensure customer satisfaction with products and services.
- Communication - Presenting to customers and potential customers to facilitate the buying process and promote the Organization's products and services. Collaborating with other departments to meet all customer needs, participating in general sales meetings, promotions and food shows.
- Sales – Proactively identify new profitable business opportunities to achieve sales targets. Create, manage and deliver an annual business development plan. Implement and manage pricing strategies within all accounts. Close and onboard new businesses as required. Work with key personnel to ensure all business opportunities are managed professionally and cross selling opportunities are maximized. Work with internal departments promoting team work to acquire new business.
- Continuous Learning - Keeping up to date with product offerings, market trends and customer needs. Participate in general sales training sessions and vendor/category lead presentations.
- Customer Relationships – Build and foster customer relationships. Collaborate with customers to solve problems, grow territory profitability and facilitate customer ordering, credit payments, and product orders.
- Project Planning – Assist with sales budget forecasts and long range business planning. Establish schedules and methods for providing sales growth, identify resources needs and review needs with management.
- Administration - Ensure that all documents (contracts, reports) and record keeping are up-to-date and accurate as well as in compliance with governmental requirements.
- Other duties as may be assigned, from time-to-time by Immediate Supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, preferably in food service
- Post secondary education is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and online Google applications
Any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform these job duties will be considered.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation.
- Business Acumen: Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material and support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measure; monitors process, progress and results appropriately; delivers timely and objective feedback on accomplishments.