Are you a Class 1 Driver who is physically fit, enjoys delivering excellent customer service, and working with a great team? Do you like being able to come home at the end of your shift and are you ready for a new challenge? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
After one year as a Delivery Service Driver for Gordon Food Service you can earn a base salary of $21.97/hour. If this sounds appealing to you, we are currently hiring Delivery Service Drivers to operate company owned vehicles and deliver food service products to our awesome customers. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do
Class 1 Delivery Driver: HALIFAX Nova Scotia
Shift: Monday to Friday - starting between 4:00 am and 6:00 am (varies per route) until the workload is complete - FULL TIME
Summary: Our Delivery Service Representatives have the unique opportunity to present the Gordon Food Service brand and service to our customers through courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries.
Not your typical driving job:
30% of the shift is spent driving/operating company owned vehicles
70% of the shift is spent unloading and delivering products to our customers
Must be flexible to work holidays
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional service to build/maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600-800 cases/shift)
- Safely and professionally operate straight trucks or trailers to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes according to provincial road regulations.
- Conduct routine truck inspections (pre/post trip) and maintain accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Perform product delivery verification at customer location and maintain customer invoices
- Follow all GFS Canada policies and procedures including all health & safety regulations
- Must be able to maintain composure/professionalism in high-pressure situations
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Class 1 or Class A license with a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 100 lbs)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills (able to read, write and speak English)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must pass a Road Test, Physical Abilities Test and a Background Check
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather and temperature ranges (including being able to safely operate the equipment during poor road and driving conditions)
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!