Are you ready to jump start your career in the Transportation industry with a fast growing family owned company? Are you an experienced driver? If so, Gordon Food Service has the perfect opportunity for you! As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity, have a class one driver’s license, and a clean driving record, this may be the career you are looking for!
We offer great benefits for full time positions, including flex benefits, a group RRSP contribution match after 3 months, and a competitive compensation package.
Class 1 Transit / Night Driver: MONCTON, NB
Shift: Sunday to Thursday - starting between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm (varies per route) until the workload is complete - FULL TIME
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for transporting doubles to various hubs throughout New Brunswick
- Responsible for the safe operation of assigned vehicles and compliance with all health & safety regulations
- Responsible for care of equipment, including tools, reflectors, flares, chains, etc
- To maintain delivery schedules in accordance with established standards
- To complete/submit all forms, reports, equipment inspections, receipts, etc. according to Gordon Food Service policies
- To report to shipping any time delayed during your assigned trip
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Keep cab and box of unit clean at all times
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Class 1 or Class A license with a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must pass a Road Test, Physical Abilities Test and a Background Check
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather and temperature ranges (including being able to safely operate the equipment during poor road and driving conditions)
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times
Interested applicants should apply in confidence:
Attn: Human Resources
Gordon Food Service
38 Industrial Park Drive
Fax :( 902) 664-3615
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!