Are you a Class 1 Driver who is physically fit, enjoys delivering excellent customer service, and working with a great team? Do you like being able to come home at the end of your shift and are you ready for a new challenge? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
After one year as a Delivery Service Driver for Gordon Food Service you can earn a base salary of $21.97/hour. If this sounds appealing to you, we are currently hiring Delivery Service Drivers to operate company owned vehicles and deliver food service products to our awesome customers. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do
Class 1 Transit / Night Driver: BERWICK, NS
Shift: Sunday to Thursday - starting between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm (varies per route) until the workload is complete - FULL TIME
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for transporting doubles to various hubs throughout Nova Scotia
- Responsible for the safe operation of assigned vehicles and compliance with all health & safety regulations
- Responsible for care of equipment, including tools, reflectors, flares, chains, etc
- To maintain delivery schedules in accordance with established standards
- To complete/submit all forms, reports, equipment inspections, receipts, etc. according to Gordon Food Service policies
- To report to shipping any time delayed during your assigned trip
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Keep cab and box of unit clean at all times
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Class 1 or Class A license with a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must pass a Road Test, Physical Abilities Test and a Background Check
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather and temperature ranges (including being able to safely operate the equipment during poor road and driving conditions)
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times
Interested applicants should apply in confidence:
Attn: Human Resources
Gordon Food Service
38 Industrial Park Drive
Fax :( 902) 664-3615
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!