Get Trained and Sponsored for Your Class 1 License!
Delivery Drivers get great incentives, health/dental benefits, RRSP matching
Are you looking for a physically active job that rewards you for working hard and working safely?
Are you looking for a company with opportunities for benefits, career advancement and growth?
Come Join Our Team!
Gordon Food Service is the largest, privately held foodservice distributor in North America. The best restaurants and food service locations trust us to deliver their products promptly and safely every single day.
About the Opportunity:
- A local delivery career that allows you to be home every night!
- 4 x 10 Hours Shifts - 3 days off a week!
- A physically active career that will keep you fit and in shape!
- Building customer relationships and satisfy customer needs!
- Performance Pay and Bonuses for being great at what you do!
- Plenty of Opportunity for Overtime!
- Enrolled and Trained to Recieve your Class 1 License!
- Providing exceptional service to build and maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600 - 800 cases/shift)
- Operating straight trucks or trailers safely and professionally to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes
- Conducting routine pre/post-trip truck inspections and maintaining accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Performing product delivery verification at the customer location and maintaining customer invoices
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Required:
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license with a clean commercial driver’s abstract
- Physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 60 lb)
- Strong communication and customer service skills with English fluency
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of weather, temperature and road conditions
Average Pay for Performance for Class 1 Drivers is $30-$35/hr++
We offer our employees:
- Profit sharing, bonuses, and employee discounts
- 100 % paid MSP and excellent health, dental, and insurance coverage
- Company matched retirement plan
Come see why we were listed as one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes!
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com